Mommy Makeover: Getting Back Your Body
Mommy makeover is a mixed surgical procedure aimed at restoring the appearance and shape of a woman’s body after she has finished childbearing. Actually, the term is a smart wordplay for a serious package of surgeries aimed at returning a female’s body to its pre-pregnancy state.
If you are a woman who is currently giving birth to your children, or maybe you have finished birthing your kids, then you probably have noticed significant changes in your body post-pregnancy. Noticeable changes are usually seen in areas such as the abdomen, waist, breasts, buttocks, and genitalia.
The mommy makeover procedures are usually single-stage, even though they involve different surgical techniques. Some of the procedures that are typically involved in a mommy makeover include liposuction, buttock augmentation, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, vaginoplasty, labiaplasty, and breast lift. We will explain each procedure more below.
At ChangeMeClinic, we always educate our clients thoroughly before giving them an appointment for their mommy makeover. One major thing you must know about this cosmetic surgery is that it is highly individualized.
We do not encourage our clients to enroll for it just because they want to fulfill another person’s desires or because they want to get an idealized image of themselves. You should only do this surgery if you think it will make you feel better about yourself.
In addition, you must have finished with childbearing, be in good health, have ideal body weight, and have realistic expectations.
The Techniques in Mommy Makeover
As stated earlier, mommy makeover surgery is usually a combination of different cosmetic surgeries. The ones that are usually combined are discussed below. After consulting your plastic surgeon, the combination that best suits you will be decided.
1. Liposuction: This involves reshaping and slimming parts of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving body proportion and contours. Areas that this procedure can be done include the hip, butt, abdomen, waist, cheeks, thighs, chin, neck, upper arms, back, and chest area.
2. Buttock augmentation: Buttock augmentation is a cosmetic surgery that is used to improve the size, contour, and shape of the buttocks. Common techniques that are used include buttock implants, fat grafting, or a combination of the two.
3. Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck involves the removal of excess fat and skin at the abdomen and the restoration of weakened or separated muscles. The overall effect is an abdominal profile that is firmer and smoother.
4. Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation uses fat transfer or breast implants to increase the breasts size. This cosmetic surgery can also be used to restore breast volume which was lost due to pregnancy or weight reduction. It is also used to achieve a more rounded breast shape or improve breast symmetry.
5. Breast lift: Breast lift is used to raise the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the breast contour. This procedure is suitable for women whose breasts sag or their nipples point downward. A breast lift can make the breast more youthful and uplifted.
6. Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a surgical procedure that is used to tighten up a vagina that has become loose or slack due to childbirth or aging.
7. Labiaplasty: This involves the reduction of the size of the labia minora, which are the flaps of skin on either side of the vaginal opening.
Do you want to know the combination of these procedures that will be best for your mommy makeover? Contact us at ChangeMeClinic for consultation.